Friday 26 January 2018

Sightseeing in Oslo


Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us had to live with a Norwegian family.
Briefly, I think it has been the best week of my life. But for me the highlight was the visit to Oslo. We went two times, once all Spanish students and our Norwegian partners and another one just Spanish students. I had a lot of fun both times. 

In the first one, we visited two Viking museums and then we went to a famous park in Oslo. I really enjoyed the museums; they had inside them ancient Viking ships and a lot of interesting things related to the Vikings and Norwegian history in general. Anyway, the best moment of the day took place in the park. Fortunately, this year has been one of the most snow-covered ones, so they were snow anywhere. Especially in that park there were big amounts of snow, about three meters tall. The combination between friends and snow resulted in a snow fight that is actually one of my best memories from the trip.  I felt as a kid playing with snow for the first time in his life (and in fact for me it was).
The second day was more touristic than the other: we saw the Royal Palace, the City Hall of Oslo, the Nobel Peace Centre and the Opera. I loved all those places because they were like unique and different from the others; each one had something characteristic and pretty. I also notice two things while sightseeing in the city. In first place, I was surprised because of the cleanliness of the streets: I never saw a paper on the floor. Another thing was the silence: thanks to that I felt more relaxed and calmed.
The only thing than in fact I didn’t enjoy so much from the trip to Oslo was the expensiveness of all the products in shops or restaurants: it’s one of the most expensive cities that I have never visited. 

Anyway, I enjoyed the whole experience and I had a really good time. I fall in love with that marvellous city and I hope that I will be able to go back at any time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...