Thursday 25 January 2018

Do you know how to win?


Some weeks ago I had a swimming competition. Here in Madrid at world of swimming,this competición is almost the most important one that you have in each year. Why I have said "almost "each year? Because you have 2 competitions like that in the whole year. But, you can only go to one of them or maybe, if you are lucky you can go to both.
 This is difficult to explain, but, if your swimming club is in the top 8 of your división your club can participate in the next competition, in summer.

In this competition what you look for is, either getting in the top 8 and go to the summer competition or being the second or the first club and then move to the next división that it's over yours. The punctuation it's easy to understand:

Each club decides the best swimmer for each swimming trial to compete on. Only one swimmer from each club that can win more or maybe less points depending on his final position. From the first to the 18th place.

So this is the only way each club can compite with others, because this is not a team sport.

Normally all clubs are really interested in this competition, and there are people shouting and cheering their club mates.
 My club it's not the best you are going to see but, the first day of the competition we were in the eight place with 80 points, and we were really excited because it was the first time we were in that position. Unfortunately there are two days when your club is going to compete, and also unfortunately the best swimmers competed the first day.
 I was really excited, because that day I had achived the time in 200 metres breastroke to go to the Nacional Competition in Spain, and we could go to the second competition too. But I didn't expect how horrible was going to be the second day. Almost every swimmer in our club got the last or even the 17th position. I was getting nervous, two boys and me could get better positions but it was imposible to keep the eight place. What really annoyed me was that almost all our swimmers where really desmotivated, they came to the competition that way. And if you add that with the thing that almost all the swimmers that came the second day were the laziest ones, you can imagine why I was so frustrated. We finished being the 12th and the two boys and me were really annoyed. We talked about that with our trainer, but he told us that all the people in our club had to compete, something that I desagree with, because if you are lazy and you are not going to train for winning, and helping this club to succeed, why are you going to compete?
 Anyway I got really frustrated and I forgot that I had achived going to the Nacional Competition only because some people lost their trials and not going to one competition.

Also I was really surprised about these because when I went home I was really desmotivated and frustrated and also up to now I think my trainer could have chosen other people to compete.

But, what do you think?

Do you think I was exaggerating? Do you think you would agree with my trainer? Think about being one of those lazy boys, do you think it would be fair for them if only compete the best swimmers?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...