Thursday 18 January 2018

Math´s classes

I am in part of a group of people which helps some younger students which have problems in maths, because they find them very complicated.  Each Thursday since December we have a 1 hour class with them.

Today we have been reviewing their last maths exam, because the next week they have the recovery test of the first term. We have been solving some problems, making some operations with real numbers as well some square roots and fractions… From day one, the kids I have been teaching have improved a lot. Not just solving the problems, but I believe they are now understandings the maths, which is the most important part. These classes are really challenging, because it isn’t enough to be a good student in maths. You need to have the ability to speak and to transmit the information the kids need to understand all the problems or the operations.

These classes have helped me a lot in various aspects. Firstly, they have taught me to see how complicated it is for the teachers to give a lesson or for explaining something, because it isn’t as easy as it seems to explain something like a simple first grade equation. The other thing I am learning is the importance of your oral abilities. You just can’t be the most intelligent person in the world, because if you aren’t able to express yourself clearly, hardly anyone will understand what you are trying to share.


I believe this classes, or something similar, must be a fundamental thing to do almost by every person, because it can help you to develop new abilities which are just fundamental for almost everything in life.

1 comment:

  1. I really admire what you´re doing with your kids. Teaching is the best way of learning. Can I make you some suggestions so your classes can be more innovative and fun? Maybe when the kids solve a problem or an operation you can listen to a song they like, or give them some sweets (but don´t let them eat too much because otherwise they will have health problems).
    Perhaps you should have described with more detail what you do in the classes or how are them. But anyway your entry was amazing, and you´ve given me the idea to try to help some students with problems too (but not in maths, I don´t like them too much).
    Hope you continue enjoying your classes like that!

    ReplyDelete

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...