Thursday 18 January 2018

Music is much more.

I still remember my first flute lesson with Ursula, my flute teacher. At the time she was in her mid twenties and seem nice, but what really caught my attention was that she was not like the other teachers I had had. On the first day she started talking about how music is a way to express yourself, and how when you play you must transmit what you are feeling. She told me that even if we were starting with the basics I had to concentrate on the message I had to tell.
As time passed by I was starting to get better in the technical aspect, but she told me that was only a tool for what was next, make people feel what you want them to feel. At the time I did not fully understood what she was trying to say, but now that I look back I understand it all.
Music is much more than just playing some notes in the right order and with the right rhythm. Music is a way of communicating with other people, to show them what you feel. Since then we always start flute lessons warming up and deciding what I want to say with the piece of music I am going to play and I enjoy every part of it.
Everyone should be able to experience music the way I have just described it. And everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy music, even if you are not the one playing or singing. So remember music is much more and you have yet a lot to experience.  

-Alexandra ChvedinešŸ˜Š


2 comments:

  1. I would not have described better how I feel when I play the piano, I totally immerse myself in a different world and I just let the music flow. Also, when I put my headphones on and play, the music passes through my ears to all parts of my body and makes me feel brutal. I liked it a lot, I hope we'll do a duet ​​:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your post but I want to know how you get that point of view because I don't have it yet, and I want to because I love music.

    It didn't keep my atention really well but I really enjoyed Reading your post and to know you can experience that only playing an instrument

    ReplyDelete

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...