Friday 19 January 2018

Family dinner with strangers

Last Christmas, my family and I decided to spend the holidays with part of our family who live in Miami, USA. We left on December 24, at 10 in the morning, from the Barajas Airport to the Philadelphia airport wher we would take another flight to the Miami airport. But our flight was delayed, so when we arrived in Philadelphia, we ran around the airport with our hand luggage trying to get to our flight. 
We had to wait a tail of an hour at customs. When we got through, they told us that the lost flights would be distributed on the next ones. We went to the information point to get our new ticktes, but my father was put on a different flight from ours, so we went back and they gave us a new flight that was leaving in 30 minutes to Orlando. 
When my mother gave us the news, after having spent a whole day flying and going around the airport, i was so happy to be able to fly and spend the night with our family. Nevertheless when we were going down the gangway, suddenly, two meters from entering, the plane began to walk and went, in front of us. I started crying, my sister started crying. 
We were shocked, we didn´t know what to do anymore, we were tired of going from one side to the other. We returned for the third time to the information point and there, they gave us some tickets for the 25th, at 7 in the morning. At the end, we were accommodated in a hotel near the airport.

Finally we spent the good night with ten other people from different cities of Spain who had also lost their flights. We all had dinner in the dining room of the hotel, like a big family, telling us about our lives and what had brought us there.

Despite all the inconveniences we experienced that day, the downturns, the moments of stress, of crying, of impotence; I forgot all the bad times and spent a great night that I will remember for the rest of my life. So, when bad times come, do not give up. There are wonderful things that come to your life by chance and unexpected. You will never live that moment again, so seize it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You had an adventurous Christmas indeed! I have travelled a lot, but I do not know what I would do if I ever were in your position. Probably I´d just freak out. This experience was something you won´t forget, at least I know I won´t. But, I am happy that at last you could be with your family and have a good time with other people that were in your same position.
    -Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I'm so sorry for you because of missing the plane. But I think that meeting new people is entertaining too, so you can exchange stories about your life or maybe make new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...