Friday 19 January 2018

My experience with fashion and style.

I, as many other teenagers and people around the world, love clothes. But this hasn't always been like this and I used to be very shy about them a while ago.

My mom used to buy my clothes and dress me when I was little, I suppose that it is the same for many other people, and I really liked the way in which she did and the style I had, thanks to her. However, it was in high school when I started looking not just into clothes and complements, but more into style and fashion. Of course this things had been around me all my life, I just wasn't conscious about it until then. I think the whole changing my style idea was started by a mix of factors such as, entering the social media life, seeing how older students dressed and how my own friends did. It wasn't an easy thing to do, from one day to another I literally wanted to change all my closet because I didn't feel comfortable with almost anything in there, it didn't feel like me, which is what style is about. My mom was in a "you are my baby" phase, and couldn't understand anything. It also made her really sad that I didn't like the clothes she proposed anymore. Little by little every piece started fitting into its place, I gave away the clothes I didn't like, I bought new things and my mom accepted that my style had change.

Almost 3 years have passed since then and I have changed a lot. My vision for fashion has evolved with me and my personality. I enjoy deciding what to wear and trying to find different combinations with the garments I have. I push myself to mix new colors and textures to find the perfect outfit for each time. But it's not only just a puzzle clothes game, it is also a way in which I have fun, I express myself and I seek inside me my deepest creative feelings. And, one of the most important thing I've learned in my trip around life and clothes is that many people is not going to like your style and they might even tell you that you dress like rubbish or that what you are wearing is just horrible, but their opinion shouldn't be important for you. Not at all. The good thing thing about fashion is that there isn't an okay or not okay outfit, there is no wright or wrong, and you are free to mix the most weird and lavish clothes or accessories. So have fun and go experience fashion!!

1 comment:

  1. I love fashion and clothes too. I think that what you wear defines your personality and helps you to identify yourself, and know the things you like. Fashion is amazing and it is a huge world that express people emotions and feelings of life.

    ReplyDelete

Sightseeing in Oslo

Last week I went to Norway with other mates from my school because we joined an exchange with another school there, so each one of us ha...